Our Louisville Chiropractor Provides Natural Lower Back Pain Diagnosis & Treatment
Dr. Charles Copeland has been a Louisville chiropractor for over 14 years. In that time, he's had the privilege of meeting thousands of people from his community struggling with a variety of health conditions, especially lower back pain.
Common Diagnoses Which Lead to Lower Back Pain—And What Causes Them to Develop
The lower back is an extremely common area of pain and dysfunction, partly due to its complex anatomical structure and where it's oriented in your body. Just about everyone will have pain here at some point in their lives, and the reasons for it can range from mild to more severe. A few of the most common causes of lower back pain Dr. Copeland sees at his clinic include:
- Muscle spasms, strains, and tears (e.g., paraspinal muscles, quadratus lumborum, deep hip flexors, etc.)
- Spinal joint misalignments
- Disc injuries: degeneration, bulge, or herniation (the inside of the disc leaks out through a tear in the outer layer)
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Nerve impingement like radiculopathy or sciatica
- Other underlying conditions such as obesity, fibromyalgia, and (rarely) bone cancer
These diagnoses can be precipitated by a variety of factors, such as: poor posture during one or several functional tasks, poor ergonomics at work, poor sleeping position or surface, heavy lifting, impaired body mechanics, stress, family history, trauma (e.g., slips and falls), and prior medical history, smoking, sedentary behavior, and mental and emotional stress.
Treatment for Lower Back Pain
Our Louisville chiropractor notices people are usually dealing with additional symptoms when they have lower back pain, including stiffness, muscle tenderness, decreased activity tolerance, and, in the case of spinal nerve involvement, pain, numbness, tingling, or weakness in one or both legs. Dr. Copeland can address all these issues by zeroing in on their root causes and addressing these and the symptoms.
The following services are excellent options for people with lower back pain:
- Spinal adjustments - realign spinal joints to reduce pain and improve range of motion, while also improving the protection, function, and efficiency of the entire nervous system
- Dry needling therapy - similar to acupuncture and can elicit the release of innate pain relievers in the nervous system by stimulating trigger points along the body
- Electrical stimulation - blocks pain sensation by activating specific nerve fibers (it feels tingly and relaxing during a session!)
- Therapeutic exercises - custom prescribed to promote tissue healing and improve endurance, strength, and/or flexibility of connective tissues
Do You Need Lower Back Pain Treatment? Contact Our Louisville Chiropractor for Natural & Effective Help
Contact Highland Chiropractic today if you're looking for lower back pain treatment that requires of you only your body's and mind's innate healing abilities—no drugs and no invasive procedures. Call 502-454-5000 now.