Leg Pain Relief from Our Chiropractor in Louisville, KY
Leg pain can result from musculoskeletal or vascular issues like infections, muscle strain, and injuries on your leg’s joints, soft tissues, muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Moreover, the discomfort can result from poor blood circulation to the legs.
Common Causes of Leg Pain
- Bone cancer
- Joint inflammation
- Hamstring injury
- Muscle strain
- Peripheral artery disease
- Varicose veins
Types of Leg Pain
- Charley Horses - Charley horse leg pain is a short-term episode of pain which result when the calf tightens and starts to twitch convulsively. Usually, this type of leg pain affects senior citizens aged above 60 years.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis - Deep vein thrombosis results when blood in your leg's vein clots as a result of prolonged seating. Affected people may feel a sharp pain when walking, or in some severe cases, the person may feel dizzy, or unable to breathe.
- Shin Splints - Shin splints occur when you are engaged in activities that overwork your tendons, muscles, and ligaments.
- Fractures - Fractures might occur when a high impact force hits your legs, thereby bruising or deforming your leg. Also, a fracture may result from chronic conditions like osteogenesis imperfecta or osteoporosis.
Management of Leg pain
You can manage leg pain resulting from minor injuries using home treatments like applying an ice pack on the frozen area, using over the counter pain relievers, or resting the affected leg. However, you should seek for immediate leg pain treatment just in case:
- You are unable to walk
- You cannot achieve leg pain relief even after using painkillers
- Both the legs are swollen
- You suspect signs of an infections
- Your leg has a deep cut that exposes the bone
How Chiropractic Care Will Help
Chiropractic leg pain treatment entails the use of gentle and effective pressure to alleviate pain, support the nervous system, and spinal adjustments to reduce suffering as well as help you recover quickly. The leg pain relief regimen may also include other drug-free approaches like physiotherapy and diet modification.
Visit Our Louisville Chiropractor Today for More Information
Dr. Charles Copeland of Highland Chiropractic has a wealth of experience in managing minor to complex causes of pain. Besides chiropractic care, our Louisville chiropractor offers other holistic services like systematic neuropathy release, weight loss, and cellular cleansing footbath.
Have you been suffering from any painful medical condition? If yes, call Dr. Copeland through 502-454-5000 or visit Highland Chiropractic located 1525 Bardstown Rd, Louisville, KY 40205 for a long-term solution.