Hip Pain Relief with our Louisville Chiropractor
When your hip hurts, so does your quality of life. Acute injuries, chronic inflammation and other issues afflicting the hip joint can keep you from walking properly, standing for long periods of time, sitting comfortably or even sleeping through the night. But before you start looking for surgeons to modify or replace your hip, you need to look at your non-invasive options. Here at Highland Chiropractic, we can offer a variety of natural hip pain relief strategies for Louisville residents.
Hip Pain Explained
The ball-and-socket structure of the hip normally enables a wide range of motion and rotation. The rounded end of the femur fits neatly into the hip socket, with a protective layer of cartilage between them to prevent friction. Muscles, connective tissues and additional anti-friction components called bursae complete the hip joint. But this structure can suffer from a variety of issues and ailments, any of which might lead to acute or chronic hip pain. Common causes of hip pain include:
- Overuse injuries - People who place excessive demands on their hips, such as athletes or laborers, may sustain repeated micro-tears and other small but telling overuse injuries in their hip joints. This can lead to tendonitis, bursitis, and other forms of chronic soft tissue pain.
- Degenerative conditions - Degenerative conditions such as osteoarthritis can cause the cartilage between the bones to wear out and break up, producing painful bone-on-bone friction and increasing stiffness. Rheumatoid arthritis can also cause hip joint pain.
- Acute damage - A traumatic event such as an auto accident injury or work injury can pop your hip completely out of joint, or at least cause significant damage to the muscles and connective tissues that stabilize the joint.
- Poor posture or musculoskeletal alignment - If you practice habitually poor posture or your musculoskeletal system suffers from a misalignment, the imbalance in weight distribution can place unnatural stress on your hip. Obesity or arthritis may aggravate this issue.
- Referred pain - If you have a pinched nerve or trigger point in one area of your body, the resulting pain signals may be referred to your hip joint, simulating a hip condition.
Our Louisville Chiropractor Can Help Your Hip
Bring that painful hip to our Louisville chiropractor, Dr. Copeland. A thorough examination (including X-rays, postural screening, and discussions of your symptoms and medical history) can show us exactly what's causing that pain, even it's issuing from your spine or elsewhere. We can then prescribe a conservative hip pain treatment plan using methods such as:
- Extremity adjustments to realign the hip joint
- Spinal adjustments to normalize your weight distribution
- Electrical stimulation and ultrasound for enhanced healing and pain relief
- Therapeutic exercises to help repair damaged tissues and stabilize the hip joint
Schedule an Appointment with our Louisville Chiropractor
Hip pain treatment doesn't have to mean surgery or drugs -- and we aim to prove it to you. Call Highland Chiropractic today at 502-454-5000 to schedule a consultation!